Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited to plan for the big day. Normally, I bypass Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas but there comes a point when you realize just how short life really is and sadly, time is not always promised to everyone. Now is the time to take in each day with gratitude and really make time for the ones you love. Even the family members that you are still praying for, haha. Can we be real? Time isn’t promised tomorrow, but it is certainly promised today! The options for expression are limitless.
1. Write a personal handwritten thank you note, card or letter. Include a cute photo and drop it in the mailbox. It’s the little things that go a long way.
2. Call your loved one and tell them how grateful you are for your relationship.
3. Bake his or her favorite yummy dessert. Boxed is fine if you aren’t a natural chef. It’s the thought that counts.
4. Pick up a little gift and carefully wrap it in pretty wrapping paper to hand deliver in person.
5. Enjoy a quick lunch date and pick up the tab.
6. Leave a little sticky note of appreciation in a hidden, yet obvious place where your loved one will be surprised and delighted.
7. Send an unannounced bouquet of flowers to the job or house.
8. Pick up a box of chocolate to gift as something sweet to enjoy throughout the week.
9. Be a 20-minute massage therapist and offer a relaxing hand, foot, or neck massage. Hire somebody else to do all three!
10. Offer to cook a sweet dinner. Set the table nicely and make them feel special.
11. Surprise your loved ones with a gift card to their favorite restaurant or store.
12. Offer to babysit. Everyone deserves a break every now and then.
13. Treat someone special to a movie. The best opening weekends are always during the holidays.
14. Bring back the best feelings of breakfast in bed and serve a tray full of buttermilk pancakes with overflowing syrup, crispy bacon on the side, a tall glass of orange juice, and a small cup of coffee with a pretty white design on top.
15. Block out 2 hours of your day and just spend quality time together. The best things in life are free.
16. Offer a smile and compliment to the overlooked worker that you know deserves more than what he or she is being recognized for.
17. Make a grocery run for an elder who has done so much for you.
18. Have a Friendsgiving dinner. Be festive and welcome everyone with a hug.
19. Write your loved ones a list of all the things you are grateful for that they have done for you.
20. Plan a weekend getaway for just the two of you.
21. Create a diy inspired gift from Pinterest that suits his or her personality.
22. Say thank you for what has been placed on your heart. Keep it simple.